Carers FIRST in Kent & Medwayhas been supporting carers for over 15 years in South West Kent
- In February 2013 Carers FIRST was successful in tendering for the provision of Adult Carer services in both Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells and Sevenoaks and Dartford, Gravesham and Swanley localities
- In April 2013 Carers FIRST started to deliver services to carers in West Kent
- Carers FIRST in Kent & Medway supports carers Aged 5 to 105. In addition to our support of Adult Carers, we work in partnership with Voluntary Action within Kent to deliver Young Carer Services across Kent.
Who is a Carer?
The Kent Carers Strategy defines a Carer as “someone who in an unpaid capacity provides care or support to another person.” Anyone can become a carer at any point in their life.
Carers are entitled to:
- Have access to information, advice and guidance
- Have access to integrated and personalised services
- Have a life of their own
- Have support to stay mentally and physically well
- Promote their financial well being.
- Carers are supported to have a voice about services for their cared-for person and for themselves
- Helped to optimise their physical and emotional well being
- Supported to relieve the stress of the caring role
- Able to maintain social contacts and personal relationships
- Assisted to enjoy separate social and community activities
- Enabled to participate in work, leisure activities or education
Call us for more information, the support group network is being offered in partnership with KASBAH.
Carers FIRST & Medway Carers Centre
3 Canterbury Street
Kent ME7 5TP
Tel: 0300 303 1555