DIAL provides free confidential information and advice on all aspects of disability to the residents of North West Kent (Dartford, Swanley and Gravesham).
Information and Advice is given in the following areas:
- Welfare benefits (General Advice, Benefit Checks, Form Filling, Advice on Reviews and Appeals)
- Am I entitled to Carer’s allowance?
- Equipment and Appliances (Assistance with accessing grants and funding)
- How will I find a suitable hoist?
- Leisure activities and Holidays (General Advice, Signposting to suitable service providers)
- How will I locate a swimming instructor for my disabled son?
- Access and mobility (General Advice, Advocacy and Form Filling)
- How do I get a blue badge?
- Discrimination (Advice and Advocacy)
- How do I challenge this?
- Housing and Adaptations
- Where can I get a walk-in bath?
- Independent Living
- Where can I learn daily living skills?
- Care in the Community
- How do I get a short break?
- Which residential care home do I choose?
- Education, training and employment (Signposting, Advice on CV’s and interview techniques)
- Who will help me get back to work?
Call the Advice Line
01474 356 962
Monday to Friday 11am - 3pm
in addition to a 24 hour answer phone.