Bank Support Staff
Purpose of the Role
Life Skills Coaches are employed by KASBAH to support the training of people with learning and/or physical disabilities. The role requires the post holders to provide varying degrees of support, assistance, training and practice to trainees, depending on their individual needs and contribute to the effective and safe delivery of high quality professional services and facilities.
Responsibilities and Supervision
Life Skill Coaches are responsible for the trainees on site in regards to supervision (especially in the kitchen), training activities, general support and communication when trainees are off-site. In addition to allocated key worker duties.
Key Skills Required for this Post
Knowledge and Understanding of:
- General Life Skills - personal hygiene, cooking, shopping, domestic and social skills etc
- An understanding of/ and commitment to equal opportunities
- Health and safety in everyday living and the potential problems for people with learning or physical disabilities
- An understanding of, or the desire to learn about the needs and rights of people with these conditions
Skills and Attributes:
- Clear communication
- Good Oral Communication in English
- Good Written Communication and Numeracy skills
- Good IT skills
- Effective listening skills
Personality Traits and Manner:
- Patient, supportive and sympathetic
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Self motivated and enthusiastic
- Team player
- Initiative and innovative
- Full UK Driving License
- Professional but approachable
- Able to achieve standards and ensure they are maintained
- Able to Take Responsibility
- Ability to use Initiative and Work Unsupervised
- Professional and courteous
This role may involve weekend shifts and will involve a share of all public holidays including Christmas and New Year. KASBAH do not accept CV's, please request an application pack from the KASBAH office: Saiken@kasbah.org.uk
Salary: £9, 672 per annum
Hours: 35 hours per week (usually 9 a.m. – 4.30 p.m. Monday-Friday)
KASBAH are looking for an office apprentice to join the busy Northfleet KASBAH office in June this year. KASBAH will enrol the apprentice onto a Business Administration Diploma (either level 2 or 3) which will be a work based qualification.
The current apprentice will be leaving mid-August to study at university and this will allow adequate handover time. Attached is the job description which can vary from time to time. If you would like more information or to visit and look around, please contact email@example.com alternatively if you would like an overview from the current apprentice, please contact Christie on firstname.lastname@example.org Interviews will take place late April/early May.
A percentage of this role is paid at a higher rate.
(Please note there will be lone working at times and annual leave will need to be taken outside of the school holiday period).
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- To filter phone calls through to the KASBAH office staff
- To meet and greet visitors
- General administrative duties (photocopying, typing, franking post, laminating)
- Liaise with all Supported Living sites obtaining gas/electricity readings on allocated dates and submitting to energy suppliers whilst keeping the spreadsheet updated
- Update site notice boards/policy folders at all sites with revised documents
- Distribute petty cash to sites
- Assist Senior Officers regarding the preparation and organisation of meetings such as the Annual General Meeting (AGM).